14-17 October 2012
Your magazine has great content and a message your world needs to hear. But are you taking advantage of all the new opportunities to get your message out? Whether you have a print publication and you’re thinking of producing a digital version or whether you don’t yet have a magazine, but you’re considering whether digital might be the way to go, this seminar is for you. You will get a fact-packed overview of the digital world of publishing and you’ll learn about the issues you’ll face as a digital publisher.
Plus, in hands-on workshops you’ll have an opportunity to learn the nuts and bolts of digital publishing and actually begin to work on a project for your magazine.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Crash course in digital technology literacy: Tech for non-techies
- Business models that might work for you
- Understanding Web analytics: What's important and how to use them to increase audience
- Sorting through the variety of platforms available to select the right one for you
- Defining and differentiating your digital products from concept and format to distribution and pricing
- Jumping straight to mobile: When should you forget about the Web?
- Sourcing your digital content and making it look good in emails, digital magazines, and the Web
- Tools and strategies to get users to find and read your digital publication
- Digital video: It's neither as expensive or difficult as you think
- Measuring your success (metrics, advertising, readership)
- Minimizing digital cost: How to identify free or low-cost third-party service providers for your needs
- And many other topics related to digital publishing, social marketing, and the Web
- How to use WordPress to construct a Web site or provide a platform for a digital publication
- How to develop an integrated multi-media marketing strategy for your publication
- How to make use of free or low-cost page-turn technologies to develop a digital version of your publication
- How to develop a mobile app for your magazine
- How to use free and low-cost widgets to enhance your digital presence
- How to set up and manage social media platforms to develop an on-line following for your magazine
- Whatever your need in the area of digital publishing, you’ll get hands-on help in workshops led by trainers